Saturday, November 11, 2006

Ruth White's "Short Circuits"

I transferred a rare Moog record by this lady several months ago, but never got around to doing a proper page for it (and still haven't). It was released in 1971 and was played on a Moog Modular and some other period electronic instruments. Yes, another *real* woman synthesist! Ha. Some day I'll get around to scanning the info in, but in the mean time enjoy...

BTW, I just updated my Everything You Always Wanted to Hear on the Moog page with a new copy of one of the tracks.

6 comments:

phloemlabs said...

Thanks Baron!

Peter Dines said...

This is really good! Thanks. I've been searching for an album cover shot and this is the best I've found so far...

Anonymous said...

I for one can totally appreciate the vaginal vibes that come through when a "real" woman plays a Moog!

synthbaron said...

Hehe.

wisemove said...

In 1971 I bought Ruth White's "Short Circuit". It was so influential to me, that I took a class in Electronic Music. I spoke to the teacher about the record and suggested to call about her. I did, and ended up talking to Ruth White.(This was in 1974). I was joyous. She called me sweet and thank me for the complements I gave her over the phone. I will never forget that.
Tom Wiseman

Laz Ryan said...

Are the .mp3 recordings of Ruth White's "Short Circuits" still available? I would love to be able to listen to them. Please let me know.